Master Cultural Economics and Entrepreneurship
Creativity and entrepreneurship
Creativity and entrepreneurship are leading themes in the cultural sector, as well as in the so-called new economy. The Master’s programme Cultural Economics and Entrepreneurship in Rotterdam revolves around these themes.
Students acquire a solid background in cultural economics and research methods. They learn about the latest theoretical developments in the economics of:
- art markets,
- cultural organizations,
- creative industries,
- marketing of cultural goods,
- and about culture beyond markets.
In seminars, workshops and during fieldtrips you will apply what you learn to actual cases. Students regularly participate in organizing events in our department, gaining practical experience. In a thesis you pursue a topic of your choice, and you develop the skills to conduct your own research.
- The CEE Master is ranked 2nd in the world in “Arts and Cultural Management” according to www.best-masters.com (out of 46).
- The CEE Master is ranked 1st in the Netherlands by Elsevier (out of 5).
- Erasmus University Rotterdam is one of the 200 most international universities, according to Times Higher Education.