If there is no formal agreement on student exchange between your home university and Erasmus University Rotterdam, you may apply to Erasmus University as a so-called Free Mover. Applying as a Free Mover means that you do not take part in any exchange programme, but arrange your stay on an individual basis.
The Department for Admission, Registration and Housing of Erasmus University co-ordinates the free mover application procedure. Applications should consist of the following documents:
- A fully completed free mover application form;
- Valid proof of registration at your home university;
- An official transcript of records from your home university;
- A letter of recommendation from the contact person at your home university;
- A curriculum vitae (résumé);
- A photocopy of the relevant pages of your passport;
- Proof of proficiency in English, i.e. a certificate from one of these tests:
- a TOEFL test with a minimum score of 550 / 213 / 802;
- an IELTS test with a minimum score of 6.0.
Note that all documents should be in English. Incomplete applications will not be processed!
For more information about the application procedure and application form click here.
After the International Office of the Erasmus School of History, Culture and Communication has received these documents, you will receive a Letter of Acceptance. You will then be kept informed by e-mail about all necessary steps to be taken before the programme starts
Housing and visa
- See course list 2012-2013
Below you will find the academic calendars of the Erasmus School of History, Culture and Communication.