General Rules and Procedures for Graduation Media Studies
The first draft of the MA thesis is handed in via SIN-Online to the supervisor according to the date on the overview examination dates.
If the first draft is satisfactory and ready for finishing: The supervisor provides his/her comments to the student. Based on the given feedback the student finalizes the manuscript. The supervisor informs the second reader.
- The student must hand in the revised version to the supervisor and the second reader. Revisions must be clearly discernible in the text. If the second reader also has approved the thesis, the supervisor or second reader signs an examination note with a pass.
- In accordance with the overview examination dates, the student registers him/herself for the final examination at the Education Office:
- the student fills in a appilicationform (download it on page master's examination) and bring it at the desk of the Education Office, room L3-033;
- he/she hands in a copy of the examination note with the pass;
- a print from Osiris with all the results and EC;
- a print of the front page of the thesis.
- The students fills in the curriculum assessment questionnaire
Beware that the master thesis must be registered on Sin-Online at that moment and that the final version of your thesis must also be delivered to your supervisor in two hard copies. One hard copy is destined for your supervisor and one for the second reader.
The examination takes place in August in the office of the supervisor. There the supervisor and the second reader will question the student on the content of the thesis. The examination takes about half an hour. At the end of the examination, the student is asked to withdraw briefly so that the examiners can agree on a mark for the thesis. The student then returns to be told the mark.
In the last week of August there will be a ceremony where all the students who have passed their examination will receive their diploma. This ceremony is open for relatives and friends.
The first draft is unsatisfactory: The supervisor provides his/her comments. The student is required to revise his/her thesis thoroughly. Only after 1 September, the supervisor again will give his/her opinion. This means that the student has to register him/herself as a student for the new academic year. After finishing the thesis and receiving the diploma the students will be reimbursed for that part of the tuition fee that was already paid but not used.
Hand in SIN-Online
The research proposal, the draft version and the final version of the thesis must be handed in by SIN-Online. Besides you have to supply an abstract (about 500 words) and a subject index for publication in Thesis Web. The special channel code is CH4450. You may find this channel in Sin-Online, in the left menu under My Papers.
The moment your supervisor is known and you have started your thesis you will find your name and the name of your supervisor in this channel. In the manual you will find how to hand in your work.
Curriculum assessment questionnaire
During the master’s programme you were regularly asked to fill in course evaluations. As you near graduation, we are interested in hearing how you reflect on various aspects of your programme. To this end we have developed a digital curriculum assessment questionnaire, which has to be filled in before you submit your application for the Master’s examination.