Appointed Project Professor Kyoto University
Graduate School of Economics
Year of Birth: 1961
Organisation: Erasmus School of History, Culture and Communication
2006 PhD Erasmus University Rotterdam
1989 Doctoraal (MA) Utrecht University, Economic and Social History
1981 Propedeuse Hogere Landbouwschool Groningen
Teaching and research interests
Economic history, international relations, business history. Engaged in various projects related to multinationals, business systems, economic regions and transnational fashion industry.
- 1988-2000 Schoonhovens College (pre-university education), Schoonhoven Economics and history teacher, co-ordinator vwo, deputy principal
- 1999 Netherlands Institute for War Documentation (NIOD), Amsterdam Preliminary research (pilot in connection with PhD)
- 2000-05 Faculty of History and Arts, Erasmus University Rotterdam, in collaboration with NIOD,
- 2004-05 Faculty of Arts, Utrecht University
- 2005-08 Faculty of Arts, Utrecht University
Research Institute for History and Culture (OGC), Utrecht
- 2007-08 Faculty of History and Arts, Erasmus University Rotterdam Researcher pilot-project: Rotterdam and German Hinterland
- 2008-2012 Erasmus School of History, Culture and Communication, Erasmus University Rotterdam
Erasmus Fellow: The Dutch Big Four and Germany: AKU, Royal Dutch Shell, Unilever and Philips, 1920-1960
- 2012- 13 Erasmus School of History, Culture and Communication, Erasmus University Rotterdam
- 2014 Erasmus School of History , Culture and Communication, Erasmus University Rotterdam
- 2015 Graduate School of Economics, Kyoto University
Appointed Project Professor
Scholarships and grants
- 2007 Laureate EUR-fellowship
Every year the Erasmus University Rotterdam awards EUR Fellowships to four highly talented young scientific researchers to allow them to conduct four years of research, to encourage their careers in science and enable the university to retain talented researchers.
- 2009 Research grant German Historical Institute Moscow. Invited by the GHI to do research in the Special Military Archives in Moscow.
- 2012 Fellowship Japanese Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS). Invited to write a joint publication (book and article) with Prof.dr.Takafumi Kurosawa (Kyoto University). The topic is Dutch and Swiss Multinationals: Political Risk in the Inter War Period.
- 2008 Together with Prof. dr. Hein Klemann Vrije Competitie: Outport and Hinterland Rotterdam Business and the Ruhr Industry, 1870-2000.(funded)
- 2009 Veni Proposal: Dutch multinationals and Germany: Economic interdependence and international conflict, 1890-1960 (not funded, though elegible)
- 2012 HERA ‘Cultural Encounters’ proposal together with Richard Coopey (Aberystwyth University and London School of Economics), Regina Lee Blaszczyk (German Historical Institute-Washington and the University of Leeds), Véronique Pouillard (University of Oslo), Barbara Townley (St. Andrews), Alan McKinlay (Heriot-Watt University): The Enterprise of Culture: International Structures and Connections in the Fashion Industry Since 1945 (under assessment).
You can find the complete CV here.